... THE FAUX FAE - Faux meaning an imitation - Fae meaning fairy = I'm a fairy wanna-be!

... Subjects to include: All things Romantic, French, Cottage, and Shabby Chic, my life and humor.

Friday, January 18, 2013

Thrift Store Kitchen Curtain Redesign




Hello!  I hope you are all doing well!
Well, today I’m posting a project that I didn’t plan; it just sort of “happened”. 


While I was working on the pillows, I was sorting through my laces, and I came across these kitchen curtains that I purchased a while back from my new favorite place to shop - the thrift store!  I bought them for the lace bottoms but I had inspiration. 
They were way too long for my liking for my little kitchen; I prefer mini blinds with a valance.



I also need new kitchen towels and looking at these drapes, it appeared they were made out of loose woven linen.  That made me think the material might work well as kitchen towels!


So I cut off the tops….

And I cut off the lace bottoms as well.



And I sewed the two back together!



I then took the middles and cut them into fourths….
[This pic was supposed to show that I just cut off the very edge of the fold rather than down the middle of the flat piece of material.]

 And zigzagged the edges before they could unravel too bad.

Here are the towels (albeit small ones)…
[That is the croutons I made yesterday!  Yum!  I'll share that later.]

And here is my new kitchen valance!

All for $3 and about an hour of my time!

And I will be right back with another small project.


Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and always look forward to reading them! Thank you!