... THE FAUX FAE - Faux meaning an imitation - Fae meaning fairy = I'm a fairy wanna-be!

... Subjects to include: All things Romantic, French, Cottage, and Shabby Chic, my life and humor.

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Hand Knitted Dish Cloths



I am SO sorry I have neglected my blog this long!  But I have been so busy working on projects (again about 4 simultaneously! lol).  I started a purse and decided to make at least 5 variations of it so it is taking awhile to get them all done.  I will blog the tutorial when they are done!  I promise!

Today I am going to share with you a knitting pattern I received from a friend decades ago that I still use today.  They are a simple and quick knitting project so they are fun to make and are easy enough for a beginning knitter who knows the basics.  It is especially fun when using variegated yarn because you don’t know what the pattern will turn out like!


I used number 10 needles and 4-ply worsted weight 100% cotton yarn.  It handles well while knitting and stands up to repeated washing and drying.



The pattern is as follows:

  • 1.       Cast on a total of 5 stitches
  • 2.       Knit across 2 rows
  • 3.       Knit 2, yarn-over, knit across remaining stitches
  • 4.       Repeat step 3 until you have 45 stitches on your needle
  • 5.       Knit 1, Knit two together, yarn over, knit two together, knit across remaining stitches
  • 6.       Repeat step 5 until you only have 5 stitches left on your needle
  • 7.       Knit across 2 rows
  • 8.       Cast off


See!  I told you it’s a very simple pattern!  I can make one each evening while watching our favorite shows!  And it makes a great wash cloth as well!

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!

P.S. HERE is a link that has the same basic pattern but there are pictures towards the bottom that show what it looks like if you combine these into a baby afghan!  It's quite cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and always look forward to reading them! Thank you!