... THE FAUX FAE - Faux meaning an imitation - Fae meaning fairy = I'm a fairy wanna-be!

... Subjects to include: All things Romantic, French, Cottage, and Shabby Chic, my life and humor.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Baby Bed Progress



WOW! I am SO sorry I haven’t posted in awhile. Especially since I just started this! But we went out of town for a few days plus Sweetie is off work for 12 days so he’s been keeping me pretty busy. Spending time with the one you love has to come first I think.

Anyway, I haven’t gotten a lot done but I did do some work on the baby bed and I hope to get more done today so that I can post it tomorrow.

Here is my progress so far:

I had planned on asking you guys which graphic I should use on the bed but…..





This….    



Or this:







But as you can see, I chose the roses:


I used the freezer paper transfer method. Please let me know if you don't know what that is and I will post a tutorial for you. I am not linking back to anyone on that because there are so many tutorials out there.


This pic also shows the mattress I made. I just layered some thick interfacing I had on hand and made a little mattress cover for it. Cute-uh-mus!


I just received some handmade lace from Belgium. Sounds oh-so-fancy huh? lol Well, it will sound good on the eBay listing anyway! ;) I pinned these onto some soft pink material I had leftover after cutting some pajama pants into pajama shorts. It is the exact shade of pink I had in mind too.


 I then hand sewed the appliqués on and added a lace border.

I then took 3 layers of the pajama material and machine “quilted” the back


Here is the finished bedspread on the bed:




Then I started on a pillow sham to match:


And here it is so far:


Whaddya think?
I don't really care for the shape of the pillow but I can't seem to find the bag of pillow stuffing I know I have!

Anyway, that is the way it still is, and will be, until I find a couple wire hangers!!! J Who would think it would be so hard to find someone who still has any?  But until I make the wire frame I can’t make the canopy to finish it.



In the meantime, here are some pics from our little mini-vaca

Apparently this is the house where they USED TO have the John Dillinger museum.  The one thing I wanted to see again too! They say it has been moved up to Lake County now, which they told us is where he was from?  This is the house his mother lived in and he spent a lot of time here.  It's now a shabby chic style shop where I got some new ideas!

Another gorgeous old home that has been turned into an inn:

And this is where we ate breakfast every morning on the porch:

We took a ride on the train of course:

Some of the shops 


This one was called "Dead and Breakfast" lol




And of course we had to stop in It's All About Dogs, and get our fur baby some treats (which she LOVES btw) and are more healthy than the store bought variety. I guess I'm gonna have to start making them from now on. She is now turning up her nose when we offer her one of the store bought! :D











Well, that's it for today!  Back to work for me!

Thanks for stopping by and as always, Happy Crafting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and always look forward to reading them! Thank you!