... THE FAUX FAE - Faux meaning an imitation - Fae meaning fairy = I'm a fairy wanna-be!

... Subjects to include: All things Romantic, French, Cottage, and Shabby Chic, my life and humor.

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Seed Box



Am I the only one who goes online to find graphics for a project and get lost in the  images to the point that you lose track of time?  I swear I’ve been trying to get images for an old seed box that I planned on “fixing up” for weeks! It turns out the box alone is worth close to $50 brand new and I only paid $4 at Goodwill!  Woohoo!

So it’s from Shakers Genuine Garden Seeds and they still sell them based on the vintage boxes they used to make back in the day.

So once I figured out it was a real company that is still in business I went searching for what their seed packets look like. Turns out they are very easy to duplicate. Here is an example:



So now I’m going to create some “seed packets” and maybe dress the box up a bit with some lace and flowers and list it on ebay. I will be sure to post a pic of it here once it is done.  I will also post them on Pinterest.  Here is a LINK to my Pinterest pages.

Ok, besides that, I am also working on a little “treasure chest” that I purchased years ago with the intention of making it look like one of the treasure chests in my favorite video game, The Legend of Zelda.  Since you can get them fairly cheap, I decided to make it into something shabby chic instead and maybe do the LoZ chest sometime later with another one.  It is just a plain pine unfinished wooden trunk similar to this one:

I have already used wood putty to fill the gaps on the trunk lid and then I painted the whole outside an off-white.  That was after I took the hardware off first:





Now I am planning to use the freezer paper transfer method to apply a French graphic to the lid and then I will pretty it up with some shabby chic goodness.  Again, completed photos to follow.

Back to the baby bed I posted earlier this week.  I have decided the “comforter” I made is not what I had pictured in my head.  What I had pictured was a lace bedspread, not a comforter. And in white with pink accents, not pink with off-white accents.  So, will post those pics as soon as I get it straight in my head, and get it made. I will be listing the comforter and pillow on eBay soon.



Am I the only one who does this?  Work on several projects at once and take forever to get anything finished?  I hope to improve on that real soon!

For the last project I have been working on for this post, I found an old wooden serving tray at the thrift store over a month ago.  I sanded it down and then painted it blue and then made the paint look as vintage as I believe the tray is.  I am also going to freezer paper transfer a French graphic to it.  


Pictures of the completed project to follow soon I hope!

For  future reference, I am finding it impossible to post everyday AND get anything done on my projects so I will only be making posts 3 to 4 days a week; usually on the days Sweetie works. That will give me time to work on the projects too [cross your fingers!]

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!

French graphics from this post found on:
The Graphics Fairy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and always look forward to reading them! Thank you!