... THE FAUX FAE - Faux meaning an imitation - Fae meaning fairy = I'm a fairy wanna-be!

... Subjects to include: All things Romantic, French, Cottage, and Shabby Chic, my life and humor.

Friday, November 16, 2012

A Little Celestial Love



I’ve loved celestial motifs for quite awhile, as you can see from these pics of my half-bath:






I have had the supplies to make some celestial items for quite some time and just ran across them while searching for something else so I thought I would make a couple of them as they didn’t seem to be very complicated projects and I might get them done in one day.  I was right! Lol
  Here (above) are the projects I wanted to work on today.

  First is some leftover wallpaper border that I wanted to frame.  I found this frame at Big Lots last year and bought about 5 of them because they were such a good deal. I knew I would find a use for them eventually! lol

First I took off the back and removed the glass, cleaned the glass and then set it aside.
Then I put the paper insert directly on top of the collage openings and pressed all along the openings so I would have a template to use to center my images.

 I trimmed the wallpaper border images down a bit.
And then placed them on the paper template and taped them in place.

I then reassembled the frame with the images in it.  Wah-Lah!
Instant art!

I wish the openings were a bit larger and square but you have to make due with what you have available sometimes.

______________________________

My next project was celestial plates.
I had some clear glass plates and ran across THIS VIDEO on YouTube and a light bulb went off above my head!
 




Here are my plates and my celestial fabric.

I cut the fabric so that I had at least an inch extra on all sides! 

I spread Modge Podge all over the back of the plate with a sponge brush and then I centered my fabric on the back of the plate so that a particular area would be centered on the plate.


 I then smoothed the fabric out over the plate and added extra MP on the edges where it was needed; making sure the fabric was attached all the way to the outside edge of the plate.

 I then trimmed off the extra fabric and applied an additional coat of MP to the fabric being careful to apply it evenly over the entire back side of the plate.

I placed them on a pedestal outside on my outdoor table and let them dry and here they are:

You might notice the small one looks a little cloudy.  The difference must be that I did the first plate by smearing the MP on thinly.  I think some of it dried before I got the fabric in place as I had to add more.  When I did the larger plate I smeared the MP on liberally and didn't have that problem.



Besides that I painted some little shadow boxes I bought last year at the dollar store. As soon as they are dry I plan to start turning them into something shabby chic (or Chic Usé in French.)  Of course I will be sure to post pics when they are finished!

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and always look forward to reading them! Thank you!