... THE FAUX FAE - Faux meaning an imitation - Fae meaning fairy = I'm a fairy wanna-be!

... Subjects to include: All things Romantic, French, Cottage, and Shabby Chic, my life and humor.

Friday, March 29, 2013

Red Velvet Brownies YUMMO!!!



I love all foods Red Velvet and I found a recipe on Pinterest for Red Velvet Brownies and I just HAD to try it out.    

I remember as a kid my mom made Red Velvet cake for me and I fell in love with the flavor!  Especially the Red Velvet Icing!  Mmmmmmm No, not that nasty cream cheese stuff everyone seems to think belongs on one of the BEST cakes in the world!  Actual COOKED Red Velvet Icing!  (Stay tuned for my recipe book in the future as I will be including the recipe in there.)




Anyway, so of course that was back when we all used Red Dye #3!  If you’re old enough you might remember that they say it caused cancer and took it off the market.   And even though it was bad for you, the taste with the new red dye just isn't quite the same.  Considering the options, I think I can live with the change! LOL

Anyway, I found this particular recipe for Red Velvet Brownies and I've not been able to find the pin again since I wrote it down.  I know, stupid me for not pinning it! (If you recognize the recipe as yours, please send me your URL so I can give you credit and a link-back.) 

So, here is the recipe:

1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix (I used generic and they taste awesome!)
1 egg
½ C. water
¾ C. melted butter

Mix all ingredients and bake in a 9” x 13” greased, glass pan for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.

Now, I have to admit, they came out more like cake than they did brownies.  I think I only put 1/2 C. melted butter in instead of the 3/4 C. called for.  Next time I make them I will use the correct amount and see if that makes a difference.

SO EASY AND SO GOOD!

Tomorrow I will be back with my own version of doggie goodies!

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and always look forward to reading them! Thank you!